What is Vacuum Casting Vacuum casting (also known as polyurethane vacuum casting) is an economical alternative to small batch plastic parts and can be used to closely simulate the final molded part or finished product.Typically, molds are made of silicone rubber and use CNC or SLA parts as the mother mold.These molds can copy each structural detail and surface texture of the product, by turning the mold to copy another product, one silicon mold can cast about 10-15 parts.
Vacuum Casting Materials
Polyurethane resin is a polymer with a wide range of properties and applications.We offer a variety of polyurethane materials to suit your application, including HeI-cast from Japan and Axson from France.It is a material with certain characteristics, similar to engineering production plastics, such as ABS, PMMA, PC, PP, PA, etc.Cast parts can range from transparent and translucent to colored, from soft rubber to hard plastic.Various materials include impact resistance, high temperature resistance (120℃) or fire resistance (UL94-V0), glass-filled resin and silicon with different hardness.
Concluded as following :
ABS (DPI8150, PX5118, PX200, PX600);
ABS 8150 high temperature resistance 70 degrees;
PX223HT can withstand high temperature of 150 degrees;
Soft 8400 adjustable color;
Soft T387 is transparent;
8263 Flame retardant ;
Transparent material: PC520 with blue color;PMMA5210
What is Vacuum Casting
Vacuum casting (also known as polyurethane vacuum casting) is an economical alternative to small batch plastic parts and can be used to closely simulate the final molded part or finished product.Typically, molds are made of silicone rubber and use CNC or SLA parts as the mother mold.These molds can copy each structural detail and surface texture of the product, by turning the mold to copy another product, one silicon mold can cast about 10-15 parts.
Low value production of plastic prototpye also refer to vacuum casting. That is the castable is defoamed, stirred, preheated under vacuum conditions, and a secondary solidification molding process is performed for 2-3 hours in a thermostat at 60°C-80°C. It is suitable for small batch trial production in the product development process, with complex structure, uniform wall thickness, and trial production samples that meet certain functional requirements.
Technical Parameter Of Vacuum CastingApplicable mold: silicone mold (10-20 pieces of life).
Casting material: two-component polyurethane PU.
Common used materials: AXSON polyurethane resin, Hei-cast polyurethane resin.Physical properties: similar to ABS, PP-like, nylon-like, PMMA/PC-like transparent parts, soft rubber parts (40-90shord D), high temperature resistant parts (150°C), fireproof materials, etc.
General working time: 1-4 hours/piece.
Standard copy accuracy: ±0.20mm/100mm.
Pouring sample thickness: minimum 0.5mm, best 1.5mm-5mm.
The largest casting workpiece: 2000mmX1200mmX1000mm.
Standard tolerance ±0.15mm/100mm, maximum accuracy up to ±0.05mm.
|Maximum part size
Vacuum equipment can accommodate mold specifications of 2.0m * 1.2m * 1.0m
|The minimum wall thickness
The minimum wall thickness is 0.5mm, and the best is 1.5mm ~ 2.5mm
The service life of silicon mold
|Standard delivery time
About 50 sets can be produced within 7 to 10 days, depending on part specifications and quantity
|Surface treatment and other functions
Paint, screen printing, vacuum electroplating, transparent polishing and plastic forming, etc.
|ABS (black/original color) vacuum casting
|PC/PMMA transparent vacuum casting
|Silicone /TPU soft material vacuum casting
Processiong Of Vacuum Casting
1. Silicone mold preheating: preheat the silicone mold to 60-70°C. When the mold temperature is too low, it will cause incomplete curing and cause poor physical properties. The mold temperature is directly related to the dimensional accuracy of the trial product.2. Pre-deaeration of the castable: separate the two liquids A and B in a vacuum box for vacuum deaeration for more than 30 minutes.
3. Pouring: Place the containers containing liquid A and liquid B in the operating room respectively. After the operation room is evacuated to vacuum, stir B liquid from time to time to degas it for 5-10 minutes. Pour liquid A into liquid B and stir for 30-40 minutes, then quickly pour it into the silicone rubber mold. And within 1 minute-1 minute and 30 seconds from the start of the mixing operation to return to atmospheric pressure.
4. Curing: After curing for 30-60 minutes in a thermostat at 60-70℃, the mold can be demolded. If necessary, perform secondary curing for 2-3 hours in a thermostat at 70-80℃
• Molds can be made in a few days
• Multiple mold material for select, widely used
• The finished product is accurate and has excellent surface gloss
• Molds are durable and can be reproduced 15 times or more
• Ideal for engineering models, samples, rapid prototyping, and Bridges to production